Monday, March 1, 2010

Grooveshark: best internet radio since Pandora

For a long time I have used Pandora to listen to music that I don't own. There are some things about Pandora that have simply annoyed me over the years. Recently I started using Grooveshark to listen to music, and it's just great. So I wanted to share some thoughts about each site.


Grooveshark:
-No annoying commercials :D (just a simple image at the side of the screen, most of the time I don't even notice it since I usually play music in the background).
-Rewind and Fast-forward songs!
-Play any song as many times as you want.
-Make custom playlists of songs you like.
-Search and play specific songs.
-Play songs that are "like" the songs in your playlist (like on pandora).
-Upload songs that you have, so you can listen to them anywhere you have internet.
-Its free, with no limit on how much you listen
It would only be fair to note that I still use both, just for different purposes. When I want to discover music or just play it as radio I would choose Pandora. But to listen to songs I like in the order I like, or to repeat a song I like (like one I just heard on pandora). I'll use Groveshark.

Anyways check it out if you have not used it yet.

-Roman

1 comment: